Positions, Job Descriptions & Requirements
The Field Development Division is responsible for establishing, developing, and maintaining local level affiliates, which shall mirror and augment existing Libertarian Party Divisions at the state level. This includes training affiliates on best practices, and providing necessary logistical support. Additionally, they will assist in training and supporting affiliates on successful event planning techniques and strategies.
Field Development Division general responsibilities:
- Develop Affiliates. Re-affiliate & develop local Libertarian Party affiliates.
- Training and Support. Provide training and support to affiliates to create a sustaining party.
- Candidates. Support local candidates and local issues.
- Membership. Assist the affiliates increase overall party membership.
Field Development Director
Description: The Field Development Director will assists local groups in organizing new affiliates and promoting the health and longevity of established affiliates. The Field Director may also work with state wide and national LP candidates.
- Responsible for establishing and populating all necessary committees as well as recruit and appoint all leaders within the Field Development Division.
- Mentor and lead all other members of the Field Development Division.
- Identify leaders and establish Libertarian affiliates.
- Communicating and supporting Chairs and Officers to assist them with growing their Libertarian affiliate.
- Acting as a liaison between affiliates and the state affiliate.
- Maintain a profile on each affiliate and monitor growth.
- Draft a plan for the state to affiliate all affiliates.
- Oversee the drafting and publishing of the Field Development Division field manual.
- Strong networker with business development skills.
- Experience building organizations/businesses.
- Personable, professional, and amiable attitude.
- Experience in project management and great time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple high stress assignments.
- Sincere commitment to work with all constituent groups including all other staff, board members, and volunteers.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial.
Assistant Field Development Director
Description: Responsible for assisting the Field Development Director in all aspects of the position.